Saturday 4 March 2017

Coconut oil is the New Best Moisturiser!




Skin care alert! Yes you read the title correctly, coconut oil has become my new favourite face moisturiser. 

I have combination skin. I have very oily areas and then there are areas like my nose which can also get quite dry. I've tried a lot of different moisturisers in my time, and unfortunately a lot of them leave my skin feeling even oilier and greasier. I've also found that a lot of these products add to the clogging of pores around my T-zone, which is exactly what I want to avoid. 
So recently I thought about trying coconut oil instead. I already use it in body scrubs and occasionally on my hair, so why not use it on my face. And I have to say, a change so simple has done wonders for my skin!

I've continued doing my skin care routine as normal, and then to moisturise I just put a little bit of the oil on a cotton ball and wipe it over my face.

Although I am covering my face in oil each night, my skin has generally been a lot less oily! And in turn there has been noticeably less gunk in my pores, and less breakouts.
When I wake up in the morning I also notice my skin has more of a healthy glow to it. These are all great little wins for me! In fact I haven't reached for my foundation in quite a while because to be honest I feel so comfortable in my skin and I know it doesn't need any serious coverage. 

I think my skin loves this because it's 100% natural. I often find that natural products work more effectively for me, and I feel better for using them. 

It feels great to have skin that feels clean, clear, hydrated and refreshed. I know this simple tip has done wonders for me and my face is thankful, so I can't recommend this enough.

Bella x 

No comments:

Post a Comment